Liquid-Cooled Sealed Automatic Solid State D.C. Power Converter
SASSC liquid-cooled D.C. power conversion systems are
designed for a broad range of surface finishing applications. These include electroplating,
Because all circuitry and components used in SASSC rectifiers are environmentally protected in
sealed cabinets, these units are ideal for corrosive environments.
SASSC D. C. power supplies feature unique two-stage cooling systems designed to prolong the life of
and components. In the first stage, a coolant continuously bathes components in a closed-loop
system. The second stage maintains the temperature of the coolant automatically.
A liquid-to-water heat exchanger removes heat from the coolant solution using an outside fresh
water source. This technology prevents the fresh water from coming in contact with electrical
components, and minimizes consumption and maintenance requirements.
PEC designs and manufactures all SASSC rectifiers completely in-house. Our transformers have the
lowest failure rate in the industry because of our attention to detail. Circuit boards are tested
at elevated temperatures. Complete systems are run at full output to verify performance. As a last
production check, all safety interlock circuits are validated prior to final inspection and
For additional information on SASSC D.C. power conversion systems, contact Process Electronics Corporation or your local PEC equipment distributor.
• 500 through 12,000 amperes and up to 60 volts D.C. output
• Paralleling capability for high power arrangements
• SCR control for fast response and high system reliability
• Patented peak current limit circuit
• Surge-rated SCRs tolerate momentary electrical faults;
automatic ± 1% control of voltage and current
• Cabinets are completely sealed to protect internal
components from corrosive atmospheres
• Circuit boards are coated for environmental protection
• Built-in or remote operator controls for installation flexibility
• Closed-loop cooling system isolates coolant and simplifies